.
Sunday night was my first training session with the new team.
First of all I have to say that I got through it alive. Yay.
Second of all I have to say that I LOVED LOVED LOVED the class. The people were great, the training was soo challenging, and I have already come away with so much new information that my head may very well explode!
We started at 5:30pm with some light sparring or kata to warm up with, and then did a bit of running, pushups, situps, dynamic stretches and sparring drills for warm up. Everything was very fast paced and everyone knew exactly what to do, no questions just action.
Then we grabbed a quick drink and bowed into class at 6pm. Started with breathing drills, movement drills, lots of combinations, changing those combinations into sparring drills, then working with partners doing the drills. Another quick mouthful of water and then sparring whilst utelising the concepts we'd just worked on. Gah! A whole new world of stuff for me to learn, and just a quick refresher for the other guys who were already part of the team.
To finish off we did so kicking work and speed work with our partners, finally bowing out about 8:15pm.
I was absolutely buggered afterwards, but it was so so so so SO worth making the change. I feel re-energised about karate, I feel re-inspired, I feel like I have found the thing inside of me that makes me want to go until I drop, pick myself up, and go again.
I have so much work to do if I even want to be eating the other black belts dust -lets face it, the brown belts were kicking my butt! - but I have a feeling that this is going to be the best thing I have ever done for my karate. :)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yaaaay! Well done on your first class, I am so happy you're loving it!!
Well done on your losses too. I agree don't focus on that 73 just yet, but you're close to the 80's... will you beat Bekkles to the 80's? hmmmmn I shall be watching. :)
Post a Comment